Vida/SIDA’s Director Juan Calderon, Jorge Cestou and Affordable Care Act Outreach Program Director Mayra Estrella had the opportunity to connect and emphasize to our Cook County officials the importance of supporting HIV Prevention Efforts for the most affected communities in the Chicago metro area and in the entire county of Cook.
PRCC-Vida/SIDA’s mission is to educate, advocate and empower Chicago’s Latin@ community by promoting culturally responsive healthcare resources that enable health affirming behaviors and attitudes. Vida/SIDA services are delivered in the city of Chicago and suburbs of Cicero and Berwyn, IL.
PRCC-Vida/SIDA programs include:
- Vida Health Center -HIV/STI Counseling, Testing and Referrals
- Linkage to Care ARTAS Case Management
- Comprehensive Risk Management Counseling Services
- Nosotros Mismos -Engaging and educational program to reduce the risk of HIV/STI infection and transmission among gang members and their families.
- El Rescate -Transitional Living Program for LGBTQ and HIV Positive Youth 18-24 years of age
- Generation L -Mpowerment support group for Latino and African American MSM
- Women for Paseo -HIV Prevention and Substance Abuse treatment program for Latinas and African American Women.
- Affordable Care Act Program -Enrollment Navigation and Counseling into federal health care program.